Dundee insists there are no contingency plans for this week should their game with Rangers fall foul to the weather yet again.

Owner John Nelms says the club are as confident as they can be that the Dens Park pitch will be playable and that the game is given the green light to go ahead.

The re-arranged match is due to kick-off at 8pm on Wednesday, April 10 having already been postponed on Sunday, March 17 due to a waterlogged surface.

Heavy rainfall is forecasted for the city of Discovery on Tuesday and into Wednesday. 

And this has raised concerns over whether the pitch - which has come under lots of criticism for its current poor state - could withstand more downpours.

If the game were to be called off, then Nelms says it would not be moved to a neutral venue or pushed back until Thursday.

Instead, the Amercian claims it would be played next midweek, despite this being after Matchday 33, which is supposed to be the final round of games before the league splits.

READ MORE: The Dundee vs Rangers 'worst case scenario' revealed

"We're as confident as we can be," Nelms told Sky Sports News. "We've done everything we can do to make the pitch playable and right now the areas of concern we have covered and we've had them covered since yesterday.

"The timing of the rain is always an issue here. We've done everything we can do to get the water draining out of the pitch. We did that before Saturday's game but once again it was a timing issue.

"We got that game on and the pitch didn't look pretty but it played well. It was safe underfoot and the ball rolled and bounced the way it should do.

"The covers are on and we have heavier covers on the areas that caused a little bit of an issue. The plan is to keep those covers on, continue the work the groundsmen have been doing and we'll see what happens in the next 24 hours.

"The rest of the pitch deals with the weather quite well. We have three areas that struggle. Keeping the water off those areas as long as we can is what is key."

Asked if the club would seek alternative measures this week if the game was called off, Nlems replied: "No, absolutely not."

He added that the ultimate contingency would be to play the fixture on April 16 or 17.